Friday, October 19, 2012

Road to Rallypoint - The Kraken wakes.

Thats right folks, Katie the choco-mint Kraken is complete, aside from some water effects on the base, which will have to wait awhile

 
 
 
 Also finished recently, two sets of Bane Thrall UA's




and my 2nd Pistol Wraith


This just leaves eGoreshade himself to be painted in the next two weeks, a task that hopefully won't be hampered too badly by the upcoming surgery on my elbow.

On the practice front, last Sunday saw my pSkarre list take the field vs Matt Carrs eButcher list. I wish I could sit here and tell you what a triumph of tactics and overwheliming Cryx brokenness this game was, i really do. But I'd be lying....badly. This game ended at the top of Turn 2 with me finding out EXACTLY what eButcher and his feat do. It was painful, it was embarrassing, it was probably just what I needed with that list.

 I haven't lost many games with that list and now tend to look at it as my comfy blanket that I can fall back on when things aren't going well. This little wake up call is a timely reminder that knowing what your opponents stuff does is quite important and that jamming is not always the answer.





No comments:

Post a Comment