Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Legion of the Noob - Ides of March part 3

(**Going to change up the reports and only cover the highlights/general thoughts on each game. Things have been getting really long and rambly**)

Game 5: Peter Hunter - Gaspy2

Having played Peters Gaspy list a couple of weeks before in the Dojo and been smashed, I decided to try something different and dropped Absolonia instead of Lylyth. Unfortunately, the result was much the same. Although I managed to shoot Gaspy in the face with a Ravagore on turn two, he failed to do the decent and just thing and burn to death, although he did stay on fire all game. While I managed to kill a bunch of banes, my Ravagore missed a final boosted shot at Gaspy. His feat wiped out all my beasts and by the time Peter had won on control points, Absolonia was the only model I had left on the table.

Game 6: Tony Vodonovich - Lylyth2

I dropped Absolonia again as I feel she has good game in the Legion mirror (Saeryn not withstanding). She generally out threats other Legion casters and her beasts tend to hit harder on the turn that matters.
We traded Deathstalker shots early on and he got to feat first, which killed the Scythean and the Seraph and set the Carnivean and Ravagore on fire. On Absolonias feat turn, she proc'd Conferred Rage by killing Zuriel and damaged the Angel. Although the Shredder and Naga left the Angel on one box, the Carnivean did what the Carnivean does and bit Lylyths head off.

Game 7: David Cameron - Doomshaper1

Dropped Absolonia again as I knew there was no way I was going to shoot Trolls off the table. I tried to assasinate Doomy, despite his feat being up. The Carnivean failed to kill Mulg, while the Naga and Seraph cleared a landing space for the Scythean, who ended up falling an inch short of Doomshaper.
That was pretty much all she wrote at that point. David ended up winning on CPs, but not before I managed to Blightbomb Mulg to death, which amused me greatly.
It wasn't until the day after that I realised that I had forgotten to Slipstream the Scythean. DOH!

So 3-4 for the weekend, but I felt that I had put myself in a position to win the four games I lost and came away feeling quite good about where I was at with Legion.

I did decide to make a couple of changes to the lists for the Auckland open, mainly in the hope of shoreing up my Cryx drop, as I don't feel like Lylyth2 is there yet, although I know she could be. We will see how things go.


No comments:

Post a Comment